Sunday, October 11, 2009

Locks of Love

I finally did it!!
I've been dying to chop off all my hair, but couldn't. When I was finally at the point where I was ready to cut it off, I realized that I was just a couple of inches away from being able to donate what I cut to Locks of Love. So then I had to wait and keep growing out the long hair that I hated. When Kirk measured my hair last week to see if I was at the minimum length needed to donate and told me it was 10 inches exactly I literately picked up the phone right then and called my hair dresser to make an appointment.


Locks of Love makes hair pieces only for kids 18 and under that are financially disadvantaged and suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.
I hope that some kid, somewhere, finally gets a hair piece, with part of my hair in it, and it puts a smile on their face.

Of course Kirk had to play around with the hair.

(note to self: never let Kirk grow his hair out.)

1 comment:

  1. It looks GREAT, Jenny! Yes ... keep the note to yourself NOT to let Kirk grow a pony tail!!!

    ReplyDelete

Why This Blog Is Here

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt and friend to many wonderful people. I have a spunky little 3 year old boy and we are currently expecting our second pride of joy at the end of August/early September. My blog is here for those interested in seeing pictures from our Hamilton adventures.