Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I've been too busy to post pictures because of several different reasons. So much has happened! First, the weekend before Christmas, Kirk fell off a ladder and broke his right leg. We found out at the hospital that he had broken his right leg, just below the knee, and he had severally sprained both of his ankles. Needless to say, he couldn't walk very well for the next week. Lucky for him, it was not a "bad" brake. No surgery needed and no cast needed. Christmas was hard for him. He had to lay around on the couch while the rest of us were moving from room to room. Things are going a lot better now. He's back at work full time, although he still can't drive. He seems to be healing quite well.



As for Christmas, The Hamilton family got completely spoiled by everyone! We are so very grateful to have the loving family we have. One of the other reasons I was behind on my updates is because my wonderful parents bought us a new computer! I've been taking some time getting this new one just the way I want it, plus getting all my pictures moved onto this one has taken some time. But I'm finally there! Allan got a ton of toys to play with for Christmas! The boy definitely has no reason to get bored in his game room.



And the last reason I've been a little preoccupied is because I have started my own in home daycare. Nothing big. I'm just bringing in 2 other boys to take care of during the day. The first one, Jayden started the week of Christmas. He's a little older than Allan. He's right around 18 months. He and Allan seem to play really well together. Sometimes Allan has his moments with *his* toys, but we're working on that. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to bring in some other kids into the house. I want Allan to be around kids his age and get that interaction that he needs. The other little boy is a younger boy, named Eric. He's about 13 months and not quite walking yet. He starts coming here Monday. Jayden has a really easy going personality and Eric seems to be the same way. All the boys should get along really well. I'll be posting some *buddy* pictures soon.

Enjoy our Christmas pictures!
It was very hard for Allan to sit still and open presents, but he tried...for about 1/2 a second.





He was into his new shoes.












He loves his new cell phone!




I got some really nice things too!


Daddy got a cool new kitchen toy!

What better to go with Christmas than some yummy vodka?Broken Kirk with Baby Ashtyn.

Papa's gonna show Allan all about his new toy...

Ryan just couldn't wait to open presents. He didn't care who they were for, he was just ready to tear them apart!





Look at those precious cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why This Blog Is Here

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt and friend to many wonderful people. I have a spunky little 3 year old boy and we are currently expecting our second pride of joy at the end of August/early September. My blog is here for those interested in seeing pictures from our Hamilton adventures.