Tuesday, August 10, 2010

He's a Big Boy Now

Kirk and I converted Allan's crib into a full size bed this past weeknd.
Allan was excited to help Daddy "transform" his bed into a big boy bed.
He tried to help out as much as possible...without getting into the way, of course.


I wasn't as excited about the huge change as Allan was.  My baby is officially no longer a baby.
He looked too big in his crib, but seeing him sleep in the "big boy" bed makes him look too tiny for it.

Allan took a break from helping Daddy and used his crib mattress as a trampoline.

Who knew a crib mattress on the floor could be so much fun?

The first night in the bed was rough for Allan (and Mommy & Daddy too).  He cried and cried for us all night.  We had to take turns going upstairs to his room, because once we were in there he didn't want to let us leave.
Falling asleep has gotten better for him.  He's not freaking out and surprisingly he's not getting out of his bed. 
(Although I'm sure that will change one day soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why This Blog Is Here

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt and friend to many wonderful people. I have a spunky little 3 year old boy and we are currently expecting our second pride of joy at the end of August/early September. My blog is here for those interested in seeing pictures from our Hamilton adventures.