Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Houston Zoo

Kirk and I took Allan to the zoo one Friday morning.  I have to say that it may be our last zoo visit until it cools down.  It was so hot.  All three of us felt like we were going to melt into a puddle of sweat at any given second.
The animals were way smarter than us.  They knew it was too hot to hang around outside, so they stayed hidden.  Most of what we wanted to show Allan (lions and tigers and bears...oh my) he didn't get to see.  We'll go back, when it's cooler, but not too cold and they start hibernating.
But we did spend a good amount of time in the reptile center.  There was a/c.  It was cool and shaded.
Unfortunately for me, Allan liked all the snakes.  Just looking at those things make my skin crawl!
Notice that one in the window?  He was HUGE!  It gave me the chills and made my skin itch just looking at him.  (Still does just looking at the picture again)
Allan was impressed with the gigantic snake.  Can you tell?
This little guy here had a long conversation with Allan.  Don't ask me about what, but Allan stood there for a while talking to him.  I couldn't make out what all he was telling him.  I do remember Allan asking the lizard how he was doing.
It must have been something funny.  Allan was laughing at him and that thing was keeping a close eye on Allan.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there -- I'm glad you found one of the 5 or 6 air conditioned places we have so you can still enjoy the zoo on these uberhot days. These pictures of your little boy's face are priceless!

    The Houston Zoo

    ReplyDelete

Why This Blog Is Here

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt and friend to many wonderful people. I have a spunky little 3 year old boy and we are currently expecting our second pride of joy at the end of August/early September. My blog is here for those interested in seeing pictures from our Hamilton adventures.