Monday, March 23, 2009

Houston Rodeo/ZZ Top '09

Last night we went to the Rodeo to see ZZ Top. It was Allan's first rodeo and he loved it! My parents got us tickets to sit in the suites up top. Free food and booze. It was definitely nice going to the rodeo and not having to pay $7 for a drink. A girl could get used to that. There was all kinds of yummy foods. Papa even fed Allan a bowl of ice cream. Allan thought it was really cool to watch all the bull riding. He also thought he was a pretty big boy getting to walk back and forth on our isle (no one else was sitting next to us). Once ZZ Top was about to start and they set off the fireworks, Allan wasn't too sure about that. I think he wanted to look at the colors, but the loud noise freaked him out a little bit. When ZZ Top started playing he sat in his Mimi's lap and didn't move. He kept his eyes on the show the entire time. There is definitely music in that kid's bones. He loves watching live music on TV and he loves to dance to music. We knew he'd enjoy his first concert! Although I do have to say that my heart breaks a little when Allan is around my parents. He wants nothing to do with me. And I mean nothing! It's like I'm chopped liver. Thanks Allan.
Allan and Papa had a good time.

Allan's telling Papa all about the bull riding.
My mom gave Allan an entire can of Coke. He wanted nothing to do with his chocolate milk after one taste of that stuff. He'd walk around, watch the show, play with Papa and then take a Coke break with Mimi. And she was right there with the Coke in her hand waiting and ready. Thanks Mimi.

Allan's best friend.


The concert has started and this is the way Allan looked the entire time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why This Blog Is Here

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt and friend to many wonderful people. I have a spunky little 3 year old boy and we are currently expecting our second pride of joy at the end of August/early September. My blog is here for those interested in seeing pictures from our Hamilton adventures.