Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Lilly


Anyone who knows me, knows that I have nowhere near a "green thumb." I can't keep plants alive and I hate pulling weeds and doing any form of yard work. That being said, I am very proud of my Easter Lillies. I fell in love with the flower when I saw it at my mom's house (she has the "green thumb"). So we dug them up and I took them home and planted them in my yard at our old house. When we moved, I didn't want to leave them, so I chanced it and dug them up again and replanted them at our new house. I lucked out and they stayed alive. Then back in October I redid my flowerbeds and dug them up again. I didn't have a spot for them at the time, so I just stuck them in a flowerpot, hoping they'd stay alive. To my surprise they did and actually bloomed around Easter. I'm proud of the one plant I've had for 5 years and haven't managed to kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why This Blog Is Here

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt and friend to many wonderful people. I have a spunky little 3 year old boy and we are currently expecting our second pride of joy at the end of August/early September. My blog is here for those interested in seeing pictures from our Hamilton adventures.